A 30-year Legacy of Capability and Commitment
For more than three decades, Lockheed Martin Canada has demonstrated its capability and commitment to the Royal Canadian Navy as the Prime Contractor and Combat System Integrator for the HALIFAX Class Frigates.
Awarded in 2008, the HCM contract started with a complete design phase. The company worked in partnership with the navy and shipyards on both east and west coasts to replace major critical sensors, command and control systems, modernize the operations room and deliver a suite of related simulation/training systems.
Modernized ships have returned to the fleet and are now conducting Canada's important missions. Lockheed Martin Canada continues to manage the highly complex and multi-dimensional program through:
- Proven naval combat system integration experience and a vast resource base of expertise
- Direct experience with the deployed combat system
- World-class ship integration experience
- Tight collaboration with the Royal Canadian Navy, shipyards, subcontractors and design agent
- Verified open architecture systems, enabling rapid technology insertion to meet future operational requirements
HCM Combat Management System
Designed with State-of-the-Art Tools
Non-audio Video Capture
Non-audio Video Viewer
Global Data Fusion
Local ID Fusion
Global ID Fusion
EW Track Management
UWW Track Management
AWW Sensor Management
System Track Management
Mission Data Management
Air Asset Management
Auxiliary Display Management
AAW Engagement Planning
ASuW Engagement Planning
UWW Engagement Planning
AWW Engagement Execution
UWW Engagement Execution
Manual Engagement Support
X-Band Nav Radar
S-Band Nav Radar
57 mm Gun
Information Exchange Adaptation
Collaborative Approach to Reduce Project Risk
In developing and delivering our modern, world-class solution to the fleet, our team created an environment that encouraged open and transparent communication.
This collaboration supported joint success for all stakeholders. The early insight to schedule and technical performance allowed the navy to respond appropriately—adjusting critical activities and taking action to reduce risk as needed.
Strength in Execution
The skill and depth of our Canadian workforce continues to drive results for the RCN. Our foundation of a proven naval systems engineering team is strengthened by:
- Reaching into the vast naval technology resource base across Lockheed Martin Corporation worldwide
- Using our experience and investments to grow Canadian business and technology, to develop high-value jobs, subcontracts and capability within the country
- Leveraging talent cultivated in local universities and technical schools.
Complex and Diverse Naval Integration Capability
Our System Integration approach reduces risk and ensures installed performance meets the customer requirement expectations. Lockheed Martin Canada’s use of an open architecture design is a core solution that adapts to a variety of sub systems for the naval environment.
Our capability includes:
- System Engineering including baseline and performance management
- Sensor and weapon performance modeling and analysis
- Operator, maintenance and support staff integration and training.
- Ship compartment and top side design including ship services and signatures
- ILS Engineering and delivery management
- Installation management and support
- Integration, Test and Performance Validation including ship trails.
- Shore based facility design and management.
- Data, Configuration and Publication Management including team communication
Delivering Value with Integrity
Our team conducted an extensive competition and review of internationally available technology to satisfy the requirements for the modernized HALIFAX Class. Fifty-seven subcontractors were solicited for solutions to seven major subsystems.
This approach demonstrates a commitment to delivering a best-in-class, low-risk and cost-competitive solution. Lockheed Martin Canada is a trusted and credible CSI partner.
“We couldn't have done this without our tremendous partnership with the Canadian shipbuilding industry. Lockheed Martin Canada has taken care of all the integration software and combat management systems – a truly critical aspect of the modernization process.”
The Honourable Rob Nicholson, Minister of National Defence
Lockheed Martin Canada
501 Palladium Drive
Built in Canada
Built in Canada, the CMS 330 console is the latest in the Company’s proud Canadian legacy. Lockheed Martin Canada takes pride in the vital role that manufacturing in Canada plays in improving lives around the world.